Whether it’s a single truck or van you own or perhaps you own an entire fleet of commercial vehicles, if a vehicle breaks down it’s a nightmare.
What’s more, who has time to schedule in trying to arrange a vehicle repair? Can you afford to take this time out of your work schedule?
If you are the owner of a large amount of fleet vehicles and you start having trouble, it’s going to hit you financially. Be prepared now before it’s too late.
The Importance Of Regular Maintenance
It doesn’t take a genius to work out that through regular maintenance and testing you can reduce the risk of needing a commercial vehicle repair.
According to the RSA, you should not leave maintenance to right before your Commercial Vehicle Roadworthiness Test (CVRT).
Under Commercial Vehicle Roadworthiness Legislation if you own a commercial vehicle, a bus with more than 8 passenger seats, or an ambulance that is over 1 year old, its roadworthiness must be checked annually.
Regularly maintaining your commercial vehicles doesn’t just reduce the risk of commercial vehicle repair, it’s primary goal is to have a vehicle running at maximum efficiency in order to keep our roads safe for all.
Reduce The Risk Of Commercial Vehicle Repair
There are a number of interior and exterior DIY tasks you as a commercial vehicle owner can do to help prevent the increased risk of a commercial vehicle repair.
Ultimately, having a commercial vehicle maintenance system in place will save you a lot of money in operating and repair costs in the long run.
As part of this, you should structure a pre-driving walk around into your routine to check everything is in working order, including the tail lights, tyre checks, any sign of damages and door function and alignment.
For Interior checks:
- Always make sure there is full visibility from your front vehicle screen, side and rear windows.
- Make sure mirrors are positioned correctly at all times and are clean.
- Your seatbelts, always check your seat belts. You want to ensure your vehicle is safe not only for yourself but for your passengers too.
- Your gear stick, vehicle wheel, all driver controls and switches should be checked for full functionality.
For Exterior checks:
- Make sure your exhaust is not emitting any excessive smoke or noise atypical from the norm.
- Systematically check all vehicle lights are working properly to full efficiency.
- Check your tyre tread, depth and make sure they are not under inflated or over inflated. You can do this by using a pressure pump.
- Check engine oil, water, fuel levels and windscreen washer reservoir.
Sometimes Commercial Vehicle Repair Can’t Be Prevented
If you have followed our tips, if you have regularly checked and maintained your commercial vehicle and it still needs a repair Rathcoole Commercial offers the most cost-effective and quickest results in Ireland.
As the country’s leading CVRT Test Centre in Dublin we know a thing or two about commercial vehicle repair.
If an accident or unpreventable situation arises we have an extensive history in truck and van repairs. For a booking simply call us today on 01-9695217 or fill out our contact form. We look forward to hearing from you!